Im having serious trouble installing a library named curl. ive searched MANY tutorials, but they go over my head, and skip sections of the instructions. Ive never installed a library before, but i need a feature in my script to be able to go online and download a txt file, and someone told me i should use curl.

can anyone help me out, or show me to a good tutorial, or give me a way to download a txt file off a website without a library?

many thanks. (btw, im using dev-cpp)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did you read how to setup projects in Dev-C++?
New Project -> Project Options -> Set the include and library directories -> Parameters, Linker, name of the static library.

What? i get that part, but i still have to install curl right? The last library i installed, i got direct help from a friend, and we had to go into msdos, and enter all this confussing code and go into windows preferences, and add links, and bla bla bla, then i could add the library files to dev-cpp

can somone help?

Well I tried.....

There should be no need to setup links, or even entering the command prompt. You just let it auto-dezip to the program files. Then go to your projects options, and use the convenient file browser to add the library files and include directories.

For more on it go to:
Help -> Help on Dev-C++ -> Index -> project -> Managing project options

Well I tried.....

There should be no need to setup links, or even entering the command prompt. You just let it auto-dezip to the program files. Then go to your projects options, and use the convenient file browser to add the library files and include directories.

For more on it go to:
Help -> Help on Dev-C++ -> Index -> project -> Managing project options

ok. what files should i pick?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.