I have been working on a project using Visual Studio.Net 2005 and Windows Mobile 6.1

After several builds and installers it has started throwing up an error during the build stage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The error contained in the output list:
------ Build started: Project: Stock - RDT, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
Stock - RDT -> C:\VB Projects\Stock\Stock - RDT\Stock - RDT\bin\Release\Stock - RDT.exe
------ Starting pre-build validation for project 'Marshall RDT' ------
------ Pre-build validation for project 'Marshall RDT' completed ------
------ Build started: Project: Marshall RDT, Configuration: Release ------
Building file 'C:\RDT\RDT.cab'...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\smartdevices\sdk\sdktools\cabwiz.exe" "C:\RDT\RDT.inf" /dest "C:\RDT\" /err CabWiz.log

Windows CE CAB Wizard

?Warning: Section [RegKeys] has no data
Warning: Section [DefaultInstall] key "AddReg" - there are no section entries to process
Error: CAB file "C:\RDT\RDT.CAB" could not be created

ERROR: The Windows CE CAB Wizard encountered an error. See the output window for more information.
========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

It was caused by a dll I had written.

The dll was set to Windows Mobile 6 Standard and The Program was set to Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro

I removed the dll added the project found the issue that way then removed the project and readded the dll.

Closing Visual Studio after each add and remove.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.