Hello ppl, m computer science student and have learnt c&c++ and want to learn a new language in which i can create gui application with gud performance...i found that java and c# can be 2 option..so which will be best and useful...c# or java???? i found that java is a slow language....i want a gud programming language with gud performance....plz help?? c# or java ...which one will be gud for me...
thnx for ny help..

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Both are good for you.
Java: platform independence
C#: Better performance, good GUI, you can integrate it with a lot of products via COM, plus I can help you to learn it.

thnx for ur guidance, for internet point of view , what features c# provide? what can i create for web using c#?

ny gud and easy book aur tutorial for c# and of course for beginner ??

"you can integrate it with a lot of products via COM,"

what does that means , plz explain it a little...

thnx for ur guidance, for internet point of view , what features c# provide? what can i create for web using c#?

ny gud and easy book aur tutorial for c# and of course for beginner ??

First, please write proper English to understand you.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/aa336766.aspx

"you can integrate it with a lot of products via COM,"

what does that means , plz explain it a little...

It's advanced topic don't care to learn it from first days. I just say it has some features over Java.

sry for my english.... i just want to know that can i use c# for creating any web based application...what ASP.net does?? is it similar to jsp??

both have very similar name!!!!

ASP.NET is like C#.NET plus adding some functionalities to handle some web actions. All in all it's exact C# and you can write it by VB.NET
Similar to name because
ASP stands for Active Server Pages
JSP stands for Java Server Pages

Both are good for you.
Java: platform independence
C#: Better performance, good GUI, you can integrate it with a lot of products via COM, plus I can help you to learn it.

how do you think java is better platform independent than c#, if that is the case how do you think this feature is enabled for java?

how do you think java is better platform independent than c#, if that is the case how do you think this feature is enabled for java?

lol , I think C/C++ is more platform independent than the java and C#.
and when you using the C++ there are altos of open source libraries
and frameworks available , well tested many times and there are large
community help.

If you wish to use .NET technologies , yes fine. Then extend you'r
knowledge to C++/CLI.

Please note that I'm not telling C++ is better than java or C#, cos I can't compare languages like that. But OP already told that he learned C++ and want to learn a new language , so I think C++/CLI is the better choice for him. and I thinks this is a question belongs to C++ forum.

and please don't start this dirty war java vs C++ here.

lol , I think C/C++ is more platform independent than the java and C#.
and when you using the C++ there are altos of open source libraries
and frameworks available , well tested many times and there are large
community help.

If you wish to use .NET technologies , yes fine. Then extend you'r
knowledge to C++/CLI.

Please note that I'm not telling C++ is better than java or C#, cos I can't compare languages like that. But OP already told that he learned C++ and want to learn a new language , so I think C++/CLI is the better choice for him. and I thinks this is a question belongs to C++ forum.

and please don't start this dirty war java vs C++ here.

no i think c# or java is still better than c++, i just wonder why he thought java is more platform independent. by the way sun is bought by oracle, i think this is a good news.

Java applications run on many platform, Serkan, I don't know how you ask this question!!
C# as it produces .exe so it runs on Windows.
We don't want to get the asker to mad. let us discuss that away this thread.
All in all, in my personal opinion if my son tell me, what to learn Papa, I'll recommend for him C#

Java applications run on many platform, Serkan, I don't know how you ask this question!!
C# as it produces .exe so it runs on Windows.
We don't want to get the asker to mad. let us discuss that away this thread.
All in all, in my personal opinion if my son tell me, what to learn Papa, I'll recommend for him C#

i also recommend c#, but i wonder the technical view that made you think java is better in platform independence. both c# and java has their virtual machines, as long as the java virtual machine JVM or common language runtime CLR runs on a machine, i think these applications would be able to run. i asked that question because it sounds to me like some cliche and old saying which is not questioned or critisized well enough.

- CLR inside .NET Framework, right?
- Right.
- Can you install it on Linux?
- No.
- JVM is installing on any platform, right?
- Right.
- So, you, can run any Java-made application on any platform
- What about Mono?
- It solves the problem, but it's not supported by MS.
- Is platform independence true meaning??
- NO, you need to do a lot of work to customize your application on the distribution OS.
- Can you (Ramy Mahrous) count the features of C#?
- I can't.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.