hi i have to create two programs for the same project; live and test respectively.
everything for these two will be the same except for the product names and shortcut names on user's programs menu. And also i need to set setup project's removepreviousversions property to true.
What i did is following :
i copied and pasted the setup project folder and i changed the name of .vdproj file, then i added this copy of setup project as an existing project, then i changed the product name and shortcut name, everyhing is fine so far, i run the two .msi , what happens is when i install the second one it removes the previous one although productnames are different, somehow it was able to associate products by using something i didnt understand. do you have any ideas how to fix this?

i found it guys, if you change the product code and upgrade code manually on both setup projects, then you are able to install two of the projects side by side.

i attached my sample project to this post.

adatapost>Thanks SS,

We will remeber this statement.

if you change the product code and upgrade code manually on both setup projects, then you are able to install two of the projects side by side.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.