Hi,

I am running Java 1.6.0_31 on my machine and would like to have "Nimbus" set as the default look-and-feel for my Java applications. I have followed the instructions obtained from the Oracle java website i.e. by creating a text file named swing.properties with the following line of code swing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel and placed in the both the JDK and JRE installation directory.
However this does not work as i'm still getting the Metal look when i run my programs. Nimbus only works when i set it programmitically.

Is there any other method to set it as the default look-and-feel?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

find a gui builder that can do that, if you dont want too, then create your own gui builder that can do what you want to.

If you want a specific L&F for your application then it's best to set it programatically - just think about what happens when you or someone else runs it on a different machine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.