Hi..
I have nearly learnt c++ ..and I want to learn java as i suppose softwares solutions are usually provided in java..:?: ...I know nothing about java.I saw the tutorials ..but the were not introductory..can someone help....???

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Download the appropriate crap from suns microsystems website.

If you have any difficulties deciding what to download ask your questions here.

Then get yourself a book, and begin. Common sense really.

Here's a standard list often circulated:

Sun's basic Java tutorial

Sun's New To Java Center. Includes an overview of what Java is, instructions for setting up Java, an intro to programming (that includes links to the above tutorial or to parts of it), quizzes, a list of resources, and info on certification and courses.

http://javaalmanac.com. A couple dozen code examples that supplement The Java Developers Almanac.

jGuru. A general Java resource site. Includes FAQs, forums, courses, more.

JavaRanch. To quote the tagline on their homepage: "a friendly place for Java greenhorns." FAQs, forums (moderated, I believe), sample code, all kinds of goodies for newbies. From what I've heard, they live up to the "friendly" claim.

Bruce Eckel's Thinking in Java (Available online.)

Joshua Bloch's Effective Java

Bert Bates and Kathy Sierra's Head First Java.

James Gosling's The Java Programming Language. Gosling is the creator of Java. It doesn't get much more authoratative than this.

You're "nearly learnt C++"?
WOW, never heard anyone claim to know almost everything there is to know about C++. And that includes gurus with 10-15 years experience in the language and several books to their name.

If you're THAT good in C++ you should be able to pick up any programming language by reading any book about it and just experimenting.
If you think even the basic Java tutorials are too advanced for you you might want to concentrate on learning C++ a bit better first, why leave a job uncompleted before moving on to the next one?

Yeah...truth be told the only person who can nearly learn a language would be the guys who created it, and thats IF it dosn't change ever...

We students just sort of borrow parts, really.

If you're into learning Java, "Fundimentals of Java" is a good read I've been told. You can find it on online stores around the web; its ISBN is 0-619-05963-X. It is published by Lambert*Osborn.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.