Hello,

I am using fedora 5 and installed wxpython in an effort to program in python/wxpython (installed wxPython-2.6.3.2-1.fc5.i386.rpm, wxGTK-2.6.3-2.6.3.2.1.fc5.i386.rpm and wxGTK-gl-2.6.3-2.6.3.2.1.fc5.i386.rpm).

When I run my test script to create a frame, a notebook and an image on one of the pages of the notebook, I get a GDK error when the application closes:

(python:20707): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

(python:20707): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_pixmap_set: assertion `gdk_colormap_get_visual (gtk_widget_get_colormap (GTK_WIDGET (pixmap)))->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (GDK_DRAWABLE (val))' failed

The same error occurs after closing the wxpython demo application (demo.py) available from the wxpython web site if you're viewing their notebook code example on which an image (a yellow happy face) appears on a notebook page.

If I avoid placing an image on the page of the notebook by negating the line 'self.mainnotebook.SetPageImage(self.mainnotebook.GetPageCount()-1, self.idx1)', the error disappears.

Can anyone help me solve this annoying problem, as I want the pages of my notebook to have images. The png image I am showing (test.png in my test script) is a stock image (24x24) I obtained from my fc5 installation. Any assistance will be appreciated.

My test.py script follows:

#!/usr/bin/python

import wx
import os

daappfolderpath = os.path.dirname(__file__)

class damainframe(wx.Frame):

def __init__(self, parent, ID, title):

wx.Frame.__init__(self, parent, -1, title)
self.Bind(wx.EVT_CLOSE, self.closeapp)

self.mainbox = wx.BoxSizer(wx.VERTICAL)

# make notebook
self.mainnotebook = wx.Notebook(self,-1)

self.frontispiecepanel = wx.Panel(self.mainnotebook, -1)
self.mainnotebook.AddPage(self.frontispiecepanel, " page 1 ", False)

self.pdfpanel = wx.Panel(self.mainnotebook, -1)
self.mainnotebook.AddPage(self.pdfpanel, " page 2 ", False)

self.sendpanel = wx.Panel(self.mainnotebook, -1)
self.mainnotebook.AddPage(self.sendpanel, " page 3 ", False)

# make image list for mainnotebook
self.il = wx.ImageList(24, 24)
self.idx1 = self.il.Add(wx.Bitmap(os.path.join(daappfolderpath, "test.png"),wx.BITMAP_TYPE_PNG))
self.mainnotebook.AssignImageList(self.il)
self.mainnotebook.SetPageImage(self.mainnotebook.GetPageCount()-1, self.idx1)

self.mainbox.Add(self.mainnotebook, 1, wx.EXPAND)

self.SetAutoLayout(True)
self.SetSizer(self.mainbox)
self.Layout()

self.CreateStatusBar()

def closeapp(self, evt):
self.Destroy()

class daapp(wx.App):
def OnInit(self):
frame = damainframe(None, -1, "")
self.SetTopWindow(frame)
frame.Show(True)
return True

app = daapp(0)
app.MainLoop()

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the nature of the error produced after my simple application closes.

I am just puzzled and somewhat disheartened, as it was my intention to write a script that would run flawlessly on a linux and win32 wxpython framework.

I have just received a potential solution from leio at sourceforge, and hope it helps others:

Date: 2006-05-21 15:07
Sender: leio

This is a temporary regression in gtk+.
gtk+-2.8.14, 2.8.15 and 2.8.16 are affected.
2.8.17 has it fixed. Try to upgrade or just ignore it until
your distro picks that version (or later) up, if it hasn't
already.

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=336254
is the link for the upstream bug.

Thanks to all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.