Hi all!

I made my application and never worried about the Target CPU thing, it is set to AnyCPU. The application writes and reads value from registry (HKLM/Software/MyAppName) and it has been workin find on my Windows 7, 64-bit.

But, today I deployed the applicaiton to Windows 10, also 64-bit and the app could not write to the registry but it was instead, writing the registry values to that Wow6432Node registy entry. Somebody suggested that I change the TargetCPU to x86, I did and the software works well in Windows 10 64-bit, but now it is not working (I mean it can't access the registry) on Windows 7 64-bit, my own development machine when I debug (F5) from VS 2013.

What should I do? How should I set my application so that it will work well on 32-bit and 64-bit? Do I need to make two different installers, one for 32 and another for 64?

Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.