Hi ,

I'm running a batch file which contains the content

D:\apps\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin\Publisher -Xms256m -Xmx512m -cp .;"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\jdom.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\common_db.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\mail.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\activation.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\log4j.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\oracle12.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\xmlParserAPIs.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\commonclasses.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\classes102.zip";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\jintegra.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\excelXP.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\word.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\powerpoint.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\PublisherIIRMIServer.jar";"D:\apps\jsse1.0.3_03\lib\jcert.jar";"D:\apps\jsse1.0.3_03\lib\jsse.jar";"D:\apps\jsse1.0.3_03\lib\jnet.jar"; -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=D:\apps\jsse1.0.3_03\lib\dapstore -Djava.security.policy=D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\RMIPOLICY\java.policy -Djava.rmi.server.logCalls=true com.db.grt.server.ImplPublisherServer

but i'm getting the error as

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at com.db.grt.server.ReadServerProperty.setProperties(ReadServerProperty
.java:291)
at com.db.grt.server.ReadServerProperty.<init>(ReadServerProperty.java:1
24)
at com.db.grt.server.ReadServerProperty.getInstance(ReadServerProperty.j
ava:86)
at com.db.grt.server.ImplPublisherServer.<init>(ImplPublisherServer.java
:56)
at com.db.grt.server.ImplPublisherServer.main(ImplPublisherServer.java:1
203)

all jar files are in the proper place , but i'm unable to understand what

is

-Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

-Djava.rmi.server.logCalls=true com.db.grt.server.ImplPublisherServer

That batch file is used to kick start RMI server.

Thanks,
venu

I would imagine that you have inconsistent versions of the jar files. It seems to see the class fine, else you would get a NoClassDefFound error. NoSuchMethod errors occur when the program can't find a matching method signature on the class. If you have installed any new jars or tried to swap different jars into your installation, there is probably an API conflict.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.