Hello there,
I will soon start programming with DIGITAL Fortran V6 developer studio at Univ and would like to install the same software in my machine at home. I have been told that in order to create and debugg projects from a FORTRAN environment I need to have MS Visual C ++ Version 6 installed in my PC, can anyone let me know if this is correct? I don't fully understand how these two interact and would therefore appreciate any help you can offer.
I also have a concern regarding the windows version I am running at home vs the windows version at univ. Most of the PCs at Univ run windows 2000, I will be running XP at home, would Digital Fortran still run fine on windows XP?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

dear Amy...

I am looking for Fortran Developer Studio V6 for a long time, could you please give a link to download it if you have, or do you know how to get it?

Hello there,
I will soon start programming with DIGITAL Fortran V6 developer studio at Univ and would like to install the same software in my machine at home. I have been told that in order to create and debug projects from a FORTRAN environment I need to have MS Visual C ++ Version 6 installed in my PC, can anyone let me know if this is correct? I don't fully understand how these two interact and would therefore appreciate any help you can offer.
I also have a concern regarding the windows version I am running at home vs the windows version at univ. Most of the PCs at Univ run windows 2000, I will be running XP at home, would Digital Fortran still run fine on windows XP?
Thanks a lot in advance.

I work with these packages at work.

MS Visual C++ supplies the development environment, and can be used to develop C++ functions and procedures if your project needs them. Digital Fortran (now supported by Intel in the newest versions) is the Fortran compiler. Hopefully you can get a much less expensive student license for these packages.

I'm unsure whether these packages will run under Windows XP Home (simply because I never tried), but they definitely run under Windows XP Pro at work, so it's worth a shot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.