I am looking for an autofill script to use with with a point of sale system. We would like to hook a credit card reader to our computers and when we swipe the credit card it will autofill the customers information the fields so it does not have to be done by hand on every sale.

Any ideas or existing scripts would be a great help.

Thanks everyone.

Chuck

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I would try sticking "Credit Card Processing Software Reviews" or similar into Google.

Airshow

I would try sticking "Credit Card Processing Software Reviews" or similar into Google.

Airshow

I have a credit card processor, when I swip the card I want the script to fill the fields of the card owner. Otherwise the information in going to have be put into our sytem twice. Once for sale and once for the customer management software, I am trying to avoid this.

Quibbie,

In that case, you would appear already to have two systems/applications that can receive swipecard data.

I think your best bet would be to seek/write an extension to one or other system/application such that one receives the data and passes it to the other. That would involve one interface.

If you were to find/write a third system/ application to receive swipedata and pass it on to both existing systems/applications, then it would involve two interfaces.

In general two interfaces will be more difficult/expensive than one to develop/integrate. Therefore I think your first choice should be to extend one or other of your existing systems rather than look for a third element.

What ever approach you eventually adopt, the process will start with an internet search.

Airshow
(Many years experience as a Systems Engineer)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.