For implementing Spell check concept i applied WYSIWYG editor to textare.I got the output in Mozilla but not in InternetExplorer.Can you say where the problem might be.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

What are you using? Which spellchecker. What 'output'? Is this to do with php specifically or is it a general web browser question?

I'm using WYSIWYG editor inbuilt spell checker and i'm Uisng this in php and regarding output in IE its not checking the words.

Member Avatar for diafol

Are you depending on javascript at all? I'd guess that you're using js that IE won't like. Short of actually seeing the code that runs when your spellchecker button/link is clicked (and any subsequent code), it's difficult to say. It may be that the script is making use of Mozilla's built-in spellchecker.

Don't we have in built spell checker in Internet explorer.If no how to solve this problem.

Member Avatar for diafol

I don't think IE has a built-in SC. To be honest I almost never use it, only to test CSS and JS as a rule. The Googlebar allows spellchecking in a number of languages, but I have no idea how you'd check for this and then implement it. Problem is, your users wouldn't be able to make use of it if they hadn't installed google toolbar (obviously).

Perhaps instead of a live spell checker, instead have a spell check button which then uses ajax to check+correct the spelling. That would be the easiest way of doing it.

Member Avatar for diafol

@cwarn - I agree a custom script would be better than relying on browser plug-ins.

I came across a good spellcheker a while ago here:

http://spellerpages.sourceforge.net/

I implemented it into a project as an afterthought, it seemed to do the job, but I haven't tested it thoroughly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.