Hai,

I had developed a web site. In that website I need to add a facility to check for the domain name availability. I am a PHP programmer. I need to check for .com, .net, .info, .co.in only.

Please help me how to do this.

Thanks
Rajeesh

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hai,

I had developed a web site. In that website I need to add a facility to check for the domain name availability. I am a PHP programmer. I need to check for .com, .net, .info, .co.in only.

Please help me how to do this.

Thanks
Rajeesh

You can use gethostbyname().
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.gethostbyname.php

eg:

if (gethostbyname('example.com')) {
  echo 'Domain exists';
} else {
  echo 'Domain does not exist';
}

dear i m rajneesh do u have any idea to make php based login form

First let me say welcome to daniweb. And when posting new questions in future, please post a new topic unless they relate to a recent topic which in this case it does not. At least it is better than bumping a 5 year old topic. So as for the problem (making forms), since how it is one of the basics of php, I would suggest following this tutorial. Basically you make a html form and set method=post and action=page.php Then in page.php you place the php code to process the code and the data is stored in the $_POST array/variable. The tutorial should explain it all and a google search will show more. If your confused just let me know.

Hai,
Ya I am a php programmer and I know to make a login form
Please let me know further
Thanks
Rajeesh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.