Hi,
I bought a turnkey website that is just like the-car-site(.com)
For some reason when a user logs in and posts an item for sale, the item does not show up in the search results. Can someone tell me what to do to fix it?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I also wanted to add that I think it has somethign to do with my search.php. I think it is trying to reference member data stored in a database but can't find it. Just a thought. I am new to all this.

Have you check the database connection is ok? database name and table name too!

What error you get? or simply no results show? If you get error, fix it, otherwise you may have miss out something (variables such as id, date etc) in your script to call the listings/ads. You may use wildcard (%) to search your database. For example:

$keyword = "%".$_POST['keyword']."%";
$query = "SELECT * FROM table WHERE description LIKE '$keyword' LIMIT 30";

Have you check the database connection is ok? database name and table name too!

What error you get? or simply no results show? If you get error, fix it, otherwise you may have miss out something (variables such as id, date etc) in your script to call the listings/ads. You may use wildcard (%) to search your database. For example:

$keyword = "%".$_POST['keyword']."%";
$query = "SELECT * FROM table WHERE description LIKE '$keyword' LIMIT 30";

I do not get any error. I just get a no show. If i add a member through my site admin panel, they can post a listing through the webpage with no problem. It is only if they register themselves and then try to post.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.