Hi

I recently installed SQL SERVER 2000 Personal edition on my Windows XP Prof PC. I installed using the windows authentication mode.
But when i try to connect the database from .NET in my ASP.NET application. I get an error saying
"Server does not exist or not access denied"

pLEASE help me

:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

try replacing localhost with 127.0.0.1 Ip address ... check your config file to see if there is any default option set...

did you try to connect to sql server with ent manager ..?

Hi

I recently installed SQL SERVER 2000 Personal edition on my Windows XP Prof PC. I installed using the windows authentication mode.
But when i try to connect the database from .NET in my ASP.NET application. I get an error saying
"Server does not exist or not access denied"

pLEASE help me

:sad:

I can run the server on enterprise manager successfully. But when i try to run an asp.net page i get this error now

Anonymous error occured:5 - 18452 - Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

I checked the Webconfig file.

<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
cookieless="false" timeout="20" />

Should I make changes to the user id and password here (as i m using windows authentication)

MY MSSQLSERVER is running tho!!!
Please help

Read this one :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889615/en-us

I can run the server on enterprise manager successfully. But when i try to run an asp.net page i get this error now

Anonymous error occured:5 - 18452 - Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

I checked the Webconfig file.

<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
cookieless="false" timeout="20" />

Should I make changes to the user id and password here (as i m using windows authentication)

MY MSSQLSERVER is running tho!!!
Please help

Thnx for the link. But unfortunately it couldnt solve my problem. I have installed Personal edition and i think the article was only for
• Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition

Please help

this kb article applies to all...

Thnx for the link. But unfortunately it couldnt solve my problem. I have installed Personal edition and i think the article was only for
• Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition

Please help

the problem is you are using the sa name and password but have set it to windows authentication only not mixed mode. take out the userid and the password and replace with IntegratedSecurity=SSPI that should work, i would also have an Initial Catalog=<databasename> in there too for your app

oops there is supposed to be a space between Integrated and Security.... Integrated Security=SSPI

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.