Hello!

I'm trying to place a google search bar on the right hand side of my header. So my logo is on the left and search is on the right.

So I've got a table with two columns, logo in one and search in the other. But for some reason I can't get them spaced out right.

The header is the black section on this page:

http://blackdrop.org/music/portal.php

I've tried making the overall table bigger, changing the alignment e.t.c but nothing seems to be working. So I gathered that I must have been looking at it for so long that I've missed something.

I would really appreciate it if someone could have a look over the overall_header.tpl (EDIT: invalid file type so I'll upload a .txt) file attached and see if you can spot what I've missed.

You may want to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the file to find the html code the rest is css.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Have you considered making a transparent GIF(s) as a spacer(s) to push the images around to where you want them to be? It is kind of a hap-hazard way of doing it but sometimes it seems to be the only way I can get things done.

I might use that as a last resort but thanks for the input! I'm not sure whats stopping them from being aligned within the table. Very Strange.

I don't see where you're applying any alignment to the td elements. It's very had to diagnose such a, well, messy bunch of code.

Strip it down. Make a static page, with only the very bare essentials. Get it working there. Then you'll have some idea of what to edit in your real page.

i hate to say it but the ONLY thing that looks correct on there is the google search. On both firefox and ie it is aligned right. However the page is a complete mess on ie. The left side is all overlapping etc. I havent looked at your html, css or javascript. Like it or loathe it (i personally dont use it other than for testing) you have to use ie to check your site as the majority of users are using it. It really doesnt look nice in ie compared to FF.

But as for the original problem are you just not getting it over far enough to the right?

Hey thanks for the input. I am aware of the IE problem and thats on my list of things to get fixed :) Turns out there was a rogue <td> hiding under my google search code! I got rid of that and hey presto it works fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.