m receiving the following error while publishing my site on iis. Please help. I have also attached the screenshot

Server ErrorInternet Information Services 7.5
Error Summary
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Detailed Error Information
Module IIS Web Core
Notification BeginRequest
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x800700b7
Config Error There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined
Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\OnlineShopping\web.config
Requested URL http://localhost:80/OnlineShopping
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\OnlineShopping
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined
Config Source
5: <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
6: <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
7: <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
Links and More InformationThis error occurs when there is a problem reading the configuration file for the Web server or Web application. In some cases, the event logs may contain more information about what caused this error.
View more information ยป

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You have a Web site that is hosted on Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5

This problem occurs because the ApplicationHost.config file has a duplicate entry for the following code.

<add accessType="Allow" users="*" />

To resolve this problem,

In the ApplicationHost.config file, delete the duplicate entry for the authorization rule. To do this, follow these steps:

Click Start, type Notepad in the Start Search box, right-click Notepad, and then click Run as administrator.

Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
On the File menu, click Open, type %windir%\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config in the File name box, and then click Open.
In the ApplicationHost.config file, delete the duplicate entry that resembles the following code.

<add accessType="Allow" users="*" />

Hope This will solve your problem...

Regards,
Vishal

I configured the problem. We need to delete/comment

<sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
</sectionGroup>

This solved my issue...! :icon_cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.