Dear all,
I'm here just for asking your suggestion..
I would like to develop application that display listing but the list item is not in database. It is create in excel and convert to html file.

My question here, is it able to me to develop application that allowed user to delete, edit hyperlink, edit item the list directly from application?? If the list item in database for me is ok to develop but in this case not involve the database.

Any suggestion?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

From what you've said - It should be possible.. I believe, not to sure what it is your trying to do though!

Anything is possible, if you put your mind to it ;)

Thanks Phorce, but still don't know is it able to use php.. hurm.. when I refer to HTML editor software that not suitable with my requirement..

because the data will not save in database..just for display.. do you have any references?
can you share with me?

what i'm trying to do is..for example,
in daniweb list of question there..but the list isn't saved in database..
for admin, they can edit the question content and the hyperlink or can delete..
don't know this example make you clear or not.. sorry bcause dont know how to explain..
(-__-)

ete..
don't know this example make you clear or not.. sorry bcause dont know how to explain..
(-__-

Hey,

I'm pretty sure DaniWeb store their data inside a database!

I think what you're hinting, or suggesting is that you have data read in from Excel; which if is the case then you would parse the data in from XML and then you can then manipulate the data and then save it after the processing/manipulation. - Is this the case?

ete..
(-__-

Hey,

I'm pretty sure DaniWeb store their data inside a database!

I think what you're hinting, or suggesting is that you have data read in from Excel; which if is the case then you would parse the data in using XML and then you can then manipulate the data and then save it after the processing/manipulation. - Is this the case?

yes!! you're got what actually I'm trying to do..
yeah, we just read the data from excel then parse for editing..
so in this case we no need to create database...

in other way that I had tried is put hyperlink to open the file excel but need to save as a copy.. cannot save automatically..
until now no solution for that..

hurm..maybe I just save all the items in the database.. more easier..
maybe I will try it for next time..
Thanks for suggestion "phorce" for your relpy..

Yes you can at leaat try it easily ,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.