Can anyone suggest me which one is a better platform for e commerce website development?

crictime.su commented: I think you can use wordpress plateform as well because in wordpress panel thousands of ecommerce sites are already running with premium themes. +0
sarinahandi51 commented: Wix is the best overall choice +0

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

When it comes to Ecommerce website development there are many e commerce cms that can be used to make a perfect website. They are mentioned below:-
1) Magento : Magento is an open source eccomerce platform framed with PHP.
2) Woo Commerce: Over top 1 million e commerce websites are made with Woo Commerce. So with this Woo commerce becomes the second best ecommerce platform.
3) Shopify: If you dont want to go for much of the efforts u can opt for Shopify there u'll get everything ready to use.
4) Presta Shop: It is also an open ecommerce platform build with Php and with support of the MYSQL.
5) Opencart: It is the PHP based CMS which is using MYSQL and HTML components.

commented: These all are CMS not coding languages, I would suggest don't use them or start working with some IT Organisation. +0

You will have to use both PHP and JavaScript to create an ecommerce website. Because PHP is server side and JavaScript runs only on brower. So when you will have to interact with the database then you will need the help of PHP because JavaScript cannot do such things.

designs matter only php and javascript is enough for development but using frameworks make it a lot easier but slower and they will take lots of unwanted things I suggest not to use bootstrap ,use angular as javascript and dont use backend frameworks too make your own routing app this will ease out your mess adds up flexibility to your creativity.

There are so many eCommerce development platforms to choose from. The popular ones which you can check out for your ecommerce development are mentioned below:
WooCommerce
Magento
Shopify
PrestaShop
osCommerce
OpenCart
Zen Cart
X-Cart
VirtueMart
Whichever eCommerce platform you choose for your store development, you need right eCommerce development company to take care of the development needs.

You could use Weebly or Shopify

Member Avatar for mcbrideinct

Are you wanting to develop an ecommerce solution from the ground up or do you just want to set up a store for yourself or sell your services to set up stores for other people?

I don't recommend developing a store from the ground up. That's really a job for an experienced team if you want it done right.

If you are setting up a store to see your products, Shopify is probably the easiest but can get a bit pricey but you don't have to do any programming and their code works.

If you want to sell store development services take any store that alexjames mentioned and become expert with it. Those are all recognized packages with many users.

Of course, if you are planning on selling dark web products, you will need to find somebody who specializes in that - no legitimate company will support that business.

Shopify Is Best For E-Commerence

Best New Ecommerce Website Design
Skullcandy. Best New Site Winner.
TRUE linkswear. Best New SIte Finalist.
Decibullz.
Cutter & Buck.
Cruisemaster.
JeepPeople.

Here are ten of the most common website errors and issues to look out for, along with ways to solve them:

1. Poor or dated visual design.
  2. Slow upload speed.
  3. Lack of quality images.
  4. Clutter.
  5. Poor or confusing user journey.
  6. Low standard of written content.
  7. Poor standard of SEO.
  8. Hidden details or no obvious point of contact.

In my opinion:

Shopify: Best if you do not know how to program and want something done fast. It is more expensive and expect about >50$ per month + % fees when you sell something. Also each time you want to add a functionality you will need to pay for modules. SEO is pretty good (if you know how to use it). Shopify is the “ford” of ecommerce

Magento: This is packed of functionalities but require skills to setup properly and will need constant maintenance. If you need a big store with thousands of items then this is what you need. This is definitely the “Ferrari” of all ecommerce.

So you can consider each platform’s pros and con to make a good decision for your ecommerce business.

A vote for Magento here.

Shopify is the most flexible, feature-rich and the most complete ecommerce platform of the bunch.

For ecommerce website development the most preferred platform of worlds top software development firms like GoodCore Software and others are WooCommerce and Magento.

BigCommerce
Magento
WooCommerce
Squarespace
Wix
Big Cartel
Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware)
Volusion. Last but not least, Volusion is a smaller ecommerce platform aimed at newer ecommerce sellers

At present, WooCommerce is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions on WordPress. Used on about 2.3 million eCommerce stores far and wide. This platform is especially friendly to new eCommerce merchants since it combines ease of use with incredible power, flexibility, and features.

Thus, selecting WooCommerce is an amazing choice as it provides complete control and adaptability. Have a look:

• Its simple to use and no configuration required
  • Full flexibile in terms of design and functionality of your store
  • Several plugins and extensions available to fulfill your needs
  • Wide developer community available for Support

Its a great eCommerce solution for your ecommerce store with variety of free and premium plugins to modify the functionality the way you need.

In My Webmaser i found some errors can some one helped me to solve it?

748 moderate URLs
and 0 fast URLs
my website ranking down day by day Here is my site url https://sportsala.com/

commented: Incorrect posting style. You have your new question but buried it. I expect little to no discussion. -3

As rproffitt says, you should start your own question by clicking Contribute instead of hijacking this question about eCommerce websites with PHP.

However, to very quickly answer your question, you can get more insight as to why your URLs are rated the way they are at https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

For deeper discussion as to why this is the case, and what you can do to fix it, please start your own separate discussion topic.

There're lots of options as the guys above mentioned, however, I'd still recommend you to stick with an IT agency or a freelance developer, as that'll probably save your time and nerves. As for the choice of platforms: WooCommerce, WordPress, Magento, Shopify are really popular today so it may be that one of them will be good for you too.

I would advise you Prestashop 1.7 it is very easy to install and to configure.
I have a lot of experience in e-commerce since 2008 and Magento 2 is more destinated to big companies.

commented: I also use Prestashop 1.7 +0

Take a look at BigCommerce - great platform.

commented: "ANNUAL SALES LIMITS" and "sneaky fees" seem to plague that platform. +15

u can work on wordpress & woocommerce

I think following are three best options.

WooCommerce
Magento
Shopify

Thanks,

Plan Problems. Here's elite of plan issues that engineers must dodge. ...

Advertising Mistakes. How about we investigate a promoting botches that can cost you profoundly. ...

Tech Mistakes. These tech errors can slice your deals away! ...

Route Mistakes. Route hugy affects your site. ...

Content Mistakes. ...

Lawful Mistakes.

Magento is the best one

There are a number of platforms out there that can help you develop outstanding eCommerce websites. however, if you are looking for a platform that provides templates that you can use to design web app pages, you can go for, Metronic, Moby, ArchitectUI, Codebase, etc. These are the best platforms I know.

If you want quality web development I would recommend work only with software company which can meet expectations.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.