l am having a little bit of trouble positioning stuff with css and html, l have a bottom bar and in this bottom bar l have three links one on the left one in the center and one on the right, no l need to position them in three ways, l need to set how high they are from the (top or bottom, preferably bottom) of the page how far left they are. So far l have this in my HTML:

<table id="bottombar" border="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="50%">Site map</td>
<td width="50%">Copyright</td>
<td width="50%">Disclamer</td>
</tr>
</table>

And this in my Css:

table.bottombar {
width:110px;
height:90px;
}

But none of the positioning is working really, so is there anyone that can help me?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

3*50% = 150% = vanishing elements
tables really arent used as a layout tool,
they are for displaying tabular data
pixels are not recommended as a dimension the W3C recommendation is ems or %, dimensions that scale with different screen sizes or window sizes

<!-- doctype etc -->
<style type='text/css'>
.bottombar { width:50%; bottom:0; left:auto; top:auto; right:0; position:absolute;}
.bottombar span {width:33%; margin-left:5%;}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div class='bottombar'>
<span>Site map</span>
<span>Copyright</span>
<span>Disclaimer</span>
</div></body></html>

one method of many

properly designed nav.
should not require a html sitemap, xml sitemaps for search engine spiders are a different thing entirely

this have some problem when you call id="bottombar" in your html while in your css you declare that is class .bottombar you should change .bottombar to #bottombar that all

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.