So, the mobo I currently have is the ABIT KN9 SLI AM2 NFORCE 570. I tried to boot up this morning and it would freeze at the Abit screen. I then took out the battery and put it back in for a CMOS reset. I could get to the following screen that shows your processor, memory test, and the dvd-rom drives and hd and it would freeze here. This is as far as I could get.

Anyways, I've heard this mobo is pretty crappy and was wondering if there is anything else I could try before buying a new mobo.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Disconnect hard drives and cd/dvdroms in your system and try booting your computer. Enter bios setup and sit there for a while. What will happen?

Now the computer doesn't even boot at all.. I get nothing on screen. Basically I power on the pc and it just beeps at me continuously. I got some new ram and tried that, which did not work. I took out the graphics card and tried to boot and it resulted with no changes - still the continuous beeping. I'm so lost as to what the problem might be. I'm thinking it has to be some sort of issue with the psu or board..

I had same problems and later I solved it by reseting the MOBO. You have to check the Manuals for that, there is some jumper there which is changed to reset. It worked that way for me and I hope there will other helps from pro here.

Alright, well so far I've done a little shopping heh.. I've replaced my power supply with a much better one. I bought an extra 512 stick of ram for ram testing and I bought a new mobo and graphics card. I installed all of this pretty easily and tried to boot up the computer.. and I still get the beeps.

Now, on the new mobo it said the continuous long beeps could be an improperly seated gfx card - and that's why I bought a new one. I'm positive it's seated correctly.

I'm so stressed over this whole situation. I'm assuming I have to have a dead processor seeing as I've replaced everything inside other than that. Thoughts?

Long continuous beep refers to the system memory. Test your system with one stick installed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.