Graphics : ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro
Sound Card: Integrated
Modem: Intergrated
Ethernet: Integrated
USB Ports: 2 Front 4 Rear
Media Reader Slots: 9-IN-1
O/S License: Vista Home Premium
Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB

I was attempting to replace a pre-installed-win-vista with WIN-XP-FULL-home Edition. I put in the XP-OS cd, formatted the hard drive, it copied 10% of files,but half way through(dont ask why) I restarted the computer by pressing the power botton. **Problem** is the first thing I see when it turns back on is -ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM-
And thats all that happens every time.

Thanks in advance for any type of HELP.

Reinstallaing XP from the disc is going to be the easiest way to fix this. Don't do a repair, but a clean install, and reformat the drive (you can do a quick format).

Hey there
first insert the xp disk and make the boot sequence to detect the cd(dvd) drive first.Without pressing any keys @ boot up(when prompted if you wanna boot from disk)-if windows is nice it will continue where it left before you created the "tsunami"(just kidding).if the installation doesnt continue...well gues what....?
You gonna have to do a clean installation @ the next boot up

pending reply.

go into the bios and set it to boot from the disc , then do a complete fresh install of xp
reformat the disk (not quick format tho)
This should sort you out as long as you dont press the power button lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.