Hello... so today, I used the "Save As PDF" feature in Word 2007, like I always do. So, I tried to open the file, and it won't open. I tried saving a different file as PDF, and it worked. I tried saving the problem file under a different name, and it still froze. It seems that this file is the only file that won't open with Adobe Reader 9.1. Also, I took the file and tried to open it on another computer and it opened up just fine. Any ideas?

Hmm.. It's oddly. You try reinstall the Microsoft Office... but you try use OpenOffice. The OpenOffice is also good and is freeware. I'm using OpenOffice and I haven't a problem :)

Open the problematic word document, highlight everything (or ctrl + A) create a new word document, paste (ctrl + V), save it, then try to convert this new document.

This same problem has happened to me before and this was the solution I found worked. Hope it works for you too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.