a friend of mine was given a comp with windows xp on it and then they installed windows xp upgrade. how do I remove the upgrade or do I need to wipe the whole C drive clean as it is taking up a lot of memory and a lot of the programs are interferring with each other.

IF an upgrade goes wrong, formatting the drive is probably the best thing to do. However, if you want to try and uninstall here is a site with instructions:
uninstall upgrades

Thank you I will try that and let you know.

The best thing to do is format and install the OS best suited for that computer .

I don't have the CD to reinstall Window's XP so how can I reformat? It is a Dell Computer.

Thanks in advance

I don't have the CD to reinstall Window's XP so how can I reformat? It is a Dell Computer.

Thanks in advance

i don't know were to start !you don't have a windows cd to reload ! ,so if you format you will have nothing ,you need to go out and buy winxp to be able to format and reload winxp! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.