Hello everyone.

I am posting here as my last resort before throwing my laptop out that window I have been wanting to replace.

I can not download ANYTHING. Thus far, I have no problem opening current files, but every time I try to download something I get the error message that FileName is not a valid Win32 application.

Everything I can find on this tells me to download something to check this or that. I can't download anything to check this or that. I can not even download microsoft updates to be precise.

I have tried System Restore, no go. My laptop is only a few months old, used by myself an noone else. I don't know what to do.

I ran my virus scan, no threats. I ran SpyBot, no threats. I ran AdAware, no threats. I was told to defrag, done. I ran the check disk program to search for errors (dont remember its actual name), no problems found. I am at a complete loss right now. I cannot update anything I currently have installed, I cannot even download a picture using Save As.

Any ideas?

(Running Windows Vista, BTW, in case that means anything.)

use your restore disk for the laptop and put laptop back to factory state

some laptops have a hidden hole in back (or sometimes the side and on one on the front!). remove the battery and then insert a paperclip and operate the microswith in this hole. This also does a factory reset.
M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.