My W7 32 bit installation was misbehaving very badly, so I decided to reinstall. I chose to use the 64 bit install instead. That went easily enough. However, my favourite screensaver stopped working (black mark). Then I installed XP Mode for 64 bit, and installed my 16 bit application (that worked with the 32 bit installation). When I came to run it I got the message 'An application has attempted to access the keyboard or mouse hardware as a 16 bit Windows program, which cannot be supported. This may cause the application to function incorrectly.' Whether I try Close or Ignore, the application won't start up. Mind you the other (normal) programs that is was having problems with before have started working again.
I think I might have to reinstall 32 bit if XP Mode won't work with 64 bit.
Anyone out there got any ideas what's going on?

Try win Vista sp2 compatibility, right clic app. left clic properties go to compatibility tab select - run this program in compatibility mode for - then select win. Vista sp2 - apply-ok then run your app. Good luck. Later---

Sorry, that won't work! I am runing inside XP MODE, not Windows 7, so it knows NOTHING about Vista! And it won't run at all in the regular mode - even with that compatibility option selected.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.