Hello i just install windows 7 and almost every thing is good only my microphone is not working i have sound but can not use the mic.
i have a asus P5JD2 SE motherboard and a soundmax integrated digital HD audio.is there some one now what to do.

Pilo14

Have you manually installed any drivers or let Windows do its stuff? If not, you might need to get sound drivers specially for your computer.

Yes i tried to find the drivers for win 7 but can not find them so i install the vista driver.But i have sound but with xp you got a wizard and you good change their something but here you don't get that wizard.And it said there is no jackBut with the windows 7 compatible test it said it was good for Windows 7

Yes i tried to find the drivers for win 7 but can not find them so i install the vista driver.But i have sound but with xp you got a wizard and you good change their something but here you don't get that wizard.And it said there is no jackBut with the windows 7 compatible test it said it was good for Windows 7

I had a similar problem on my Lenovo laptop. I finally fixed it by install BOTH a new "chipset" driver from Intel along with update sound drivers. So you may need to do both steps also.

Don't know for sure, but just a suggestion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.