Hello
Usually, when I connected a usb pendrive or put a cd in my drive, I had the autorun/autoplay window which appeared, however now am not getting anything when using these devices. I did not change any registry settings as well. Anyone can tell me how to recover the autorun feature on my XP?

Check your antivirus setting, they might actually block your autorun from running. If you're running Avira, more the reason...

Am on Panda, and it did not block anything. I believe this comes from an udpate in windows itself, as before the updates it used to work, but I recently installed the updates and it stopped.

Well make sure your AUTOEXEC.bat didn't go missing. There should be under Properties on either CD/DVD drives or Removable Drives. On Autorun tab, check 'prompt each time'. That should do...

thanks caperjack, i tried like flagstar said but it was still not working, the repair tool did the trick

your welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.