I've just installed Windows 2003 Server Standard on a home network (upgraded from XP Pro), I have also installed Direct x9b as it was required for some particular software I use. I also use the pc for a lot of digital video etc. so had to enable 'hardware acceleration' and the appropriate options in direct x (i.e. direct show). My problem is now when I playback any mpeg, whether vcd, svcd or dvd they play either red, blue or green or if I'm lucky a funky sort of 60's style! If I disable 'hardware acceleration' the colours are correct but I have to run it in a tiny window as it plays jerky full screen. Due to what I'm using the pc for I need 2003 Server installed and I also need this pc for my digital video. I am running the very latest nvidia drivers also.

Windows 2003 Server Standard
Athlon XP 1700+
1gb sdr
NVIDIA GeForce MX 440 with AGP8X (ABIT Siluro GF4 MX-8X)

To view the problem I'm getting >>>>
For a DXDIAG readout >>>>

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks ().

Unless you were using this for server reasosn what was the reason to upgrade it to 2003?

enable full hardware execel, and update your video drivers

i have had this problem in the past and usualy found it was cos the player i was using was using the wrong codec i notice that ou have dvx codecs on ya comp some of them allow you to play the files but are just not right try downloading nimo codec pack 5 build 7 and install everything bar player and skins i never seem to have any trouble with playing files anymore the later buils seem to have issues but this build seems ok

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.