Hello all,
Yesterday, I did a regrettable action....
I opened disk management and made c drive as an active partition.Now the computer says bootmgr is missing(at start up).
When I tried to recover from recovery area of hard disk by clicking assist button on Vaio it didn't work.It showed windows is loading files and then starting windows logo and staying there forever i have waited for 1 hour and so.
But it was still showing starting windows....I tried the same with windows live usb, also with recovery dvd and in many ways safe mode, safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt.In any way it is staying stuck some where...while trying with command prompt...It is loading some files and stays at disk.sys....
I tried with Ubuntu live pen drive...same thing with it.....
None of the above ways are showing windows repair option.......
System Spec..
Sony Vaio VPCEH3AEN; core i5,windows 7 ultimate....
Please help me out....

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Insert a boot disc and start booting from it. You need to format C: drive and put a fresh install of Windows.

After waiting for hours...It asked for repair I did but nothing happened...Then I tried installing it (again after 1 hour waiting Starting windows)....It showed my whole hard disk as unallocated....My whole data was lost I think...However I clicked format...It's processing but without any indication and I'm waiting now I think it will take another hour or so....I do not have any clue why It happens....Why is it taking such a long for every step....
Please some body help me out ....atleast clear my doubts please....

Hey challarao
see im not good at this type of problem but i also been through this prob.. so do as i say...
as i know you are getting access to comandprompt now so do this
type DISKPART then ,disk list, then "select disk x" here "X" is the name of drive then "clean" but have to wait..... then put instaletion cd and restart the pc and follow instruction....
and done......

use SFDISK BOOTABLE AND BOOT FROM CD CONTAINING SFDISK PROGRAM.
U WILL HAVE AN OPTION TO REMOVE THE ACTIVE PARTITON AND MAKE THE BOOTABLE PARTITON ACTIVE.hope this helps.

I'm not sure what you've done to your computer, but normally, when it says bootmgr is missing, what you need to do is boot from a recovery disk/drive, open up command prompt and enter the following three commands.

Bootrec.exe/bootfix
Bootrec.exe/fixmbr
Bootrec.exe/rebuildmbr

If it's still not working, enter "diskpart" (also in command prompt) then "list disk" then "select disk #" (Replace the # with the number of the disk your hard drive is) then "list partition" then "select parition #" (Select your ACTUAL windows partition, not whatever you marked as active. If your windows partition is the one you marked as active, select the smallest partition, should be about 300 MB) then "active".

After you do this, properly, if it's still not working, repeat the first method I told you to do (with bootrec.exe) up to 3 times. Also try performing start-up repair (accessable from the recovery disk/drive as one of the options other than command prompt) up to 3 times.

Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.