hi evryone.

i really dont get it. i want to put keyboard shortcuts on the button i have other than clicking this buttons. but the problem is i dont know how. i tried putting an ampersand (&) sign before the text of the buttons and it work, but the ampersand sign also displays. heres the original code:

Button1.Text = Mid(ChoosenWord, PickedSeq(0), 1)
        Button2.Text = Mid(ChoosenWord, PickedSeq(1), 1)
        Button3.Text = Mid(ChoosenWord, PickedSeq(2), 1)
        Button4.Text = Mid(ChoosenWord, PickedSeq(3), 1)
        Button5.Text = Mid(ChoosenWord, PickedSeq(4), 1)

and this is what i did:

Button1.Text = "&" & Mid(ChoosenWord, PickedSeq(0), 1)
        Button2.Text = "&" & Mid(ChoosenWord, PickedSeq(1), 1)
        Button3.Text = "&" & Mid(ChoosenWord, PickedSeq(2), 1)
        Button4.Text = "&" & Mid(ChoosenWord, PickedSeq(3), 1)
        Button5.Text = "&" & Mid(ChoosenWord, PickedSeq(4), 1)

the text of this buttons is only one character from the string "ChoosenWord" with a character of "PickedSeq()". so if ChoosenWord contains "this" and the character is PickedSeq(0), then the text of the button is "t".

Can someone plese help me? thanks in advance.

I tried the same thing with this code: Button1.Text = "&" & "ButtonTest" - and it worked.
I wonder if the problem has something to do with the mid part of your code. What if you built a string variable first, like:

Word2 =  "&" & Mid(ChoosenWord, PickedSeq(1), 1)
Button2.text = "&" & Word2

Just grasping at straws here...

I tried the same thing with this code: Button1.Text = "&" & "ButtonTest" - and it worked.
I wonder if the problem has something to do with the mid part of your code. What if you built a string variable first, like:

Just grasping at straws here...

ok. ill try it. hope it works. thanks

this didnt work. same results with what i did. the ampersand (&) also displays. have any idea? please. help me.

this didnt work. same results with what i did. the ampersand (&) also displays. have any idea? please. help me.

Sorry - nothing is clicking for me on this one. Need to bring in the big guns. I suggest you repost the problems with a different title -
"Generating a keyboard shortcut at runtime" might get some other attention.
Good Luck.

First of all you should check that " UseMnemonic "(Form property) is true,therefore you would not have problem with emerging & in your form..
GOOD LUCK...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.