Hi guys...

This is a petition against the live skinning of cats,dogs and other animals in China.

Please be aware if you click on the video it is VERY GRAPHIC - the most disturbing,graphic video ever

http://www.animalsaviors.org/index.html

Please take a few minutes and help try to make a difference.....

Thank you and god bless all

majestic0110 commented: Good thread ! +2

Recommended Answers

All 55 Replies

dude, sorry to break this to you, but the chinese dont really give a shit what people say, espeically on the internet.

How about making a thread against that and the atrocities in Tibet...basically reprimand China

did you hear about the pro-tibet people rioting when the olymoic torch went throguh london

dude, sorry to break this to you, but the chinese dont really give a shit what people say, espeically on the internet.

And rightly so, when it comes to "online petitions".
Those are utterly pointless, impossible to check uniqueness of signees, etc. etc.

Same as paper petitions but worse.
I still remember when the "peace movement" here in the 1980s got a huge bloody nose when they organised a petition against nuclear weapons.
The massive number of cards presented turned out to be mostly signed by non-existent people, using names of pets, small children, etc..
Turned out not only had members done this to bulk up the response but the organisation themselves had employed people to sign cards by the thousands.

With online "petitions" it's even worse. Now you have idiots from all over the world do it in relation to issues that are completely irrelevant to them.

>This is a petition against the live skinning of cats,dogs and other animals in China.
Save the animals! But only if they're cute...and domesticated...and not delicious.

>Please be aware if you click on the video it is VERY
>GRAPHIC - the most disturbing,graphic video ever
If it's presented by the people who are "horrified", I imagine they tried to present the worst possible publicity they could find or create.

>Please take a few minutes and help try to make a difference.....
...in your mind.

Hi guys...

This is a petition against the live skinning of cats,dogs and other animals in China.

Of course it's live skinning - the dead have a hard time handling knives.

Please be aware if you click on the video it is VERY GRAPHIC - the most disturbing,graphic video ever

Ever? or EVVAAAARR?

Please take a few minutes and help try to make a difference.....

I could see helping to make a difference or trying to make a difference, but to "help try" seems rather lame... like the petition itself.

Thank you and god bless all

Not garnering much support from the atheist corner here. ;)

commented: Not ganerning support from the Cristian corner either. He didn't captialise "God". +3

I believe that the point The Dude was trying to make here is that skinning/torturing of any animal (irrespective of nation) is an atrocity and should not be allowed. I see no viable reason as to why this would occur (please nobody say "for fashion" - what a joke). I understand that a 'petition' will do absolutely nothing to prevent such atrocities from occuring, but posts like this are meant to (I believe) increase awareness and reduce the levels of ignorance that everyday people ( who are busying on with thier lives) hold. And through this reduction in ignorance, these atrocities may cease. So in conclusion, The Dude - thanks for the enlightment (I am not being sarcastic by the way).

>>And through this reduction in ignorance, these atrocities may cease
It will do nothing for that because the people who need to be informed have no intention of stopping. Its like the war in arabian countries like iraq -- they have been at war for thousands of years and will be at war with each other forever. China will probably never ever change its ways without some major change in government. And, unfortunately, that isn't likely to happen in the next 100 or so years.

Sadly AD I think you are right. However increased awareness might trigger a snowball effect (one day, one day!)

could this be the next 2 girls one cup!?!?!??!?!
dibs on first youtube live skinning reaction video!

jk, live skinning animals is horrible. do on to others as you would have them do on to you. i sure wouldn't want to be skinned alive!!!!

>>However increased awareness might trigger a snowball effect (one day, one day!)
Just wishful thinking on your part. There are alread a large number of animal rights organizations around the world, yet China is apparently ignoring all of them.

could this be the next 2 girls one cup!?!?!??!?!
dibs on first youtube live skinning reaction video!

jk, live skinning animals is horrible. do on to others as you would have them do on to you. i sure wouldn't want to be skinned alive!!!!

Neither would I, but I understand American Indians did it -- hang people upside down, strip them naked, then skin them from heal down. Horrible death.

agreed

Ask your selfs this questions !!
Who is created us(humans )to do these things and why he want to we feel like , poor animal ?

->Neigher would I, but I understand American Indians did it -- hang people upside down, strip them naked, then skin them from heal down. Horrible death.

<- So , from the history you can see that American Indians did not have access to life as we have now . And all of them was humans .
I can conclude that our mind is playing tricks on us or somebody .

created us(humans )to do these things and why he want to we feel like , poor animal

we are top of the food chain. we make the rules.

You did understand it but not like I wish to you do .
So ,try this once again ,
Try to ask your self again but in deep .
You did read it like a some kind of story .

remember this question
Who is created us(humans )to do these things? and then make your thinking on the movie .
stop.
remember this question .
then ask your self .
Why he want to we feel like that?
(make you thinking on some kind of God who created everything )

I cannot make the least bit of sense out of that.

You can't because you did not read all replays of main .
So you can understand this as my mistake because I did not include in last post that is connected with another . Or you can just read 2 my last posts . So it can be a little clearer .
I hope it helps , tell me if you did not understand or you did understand and how did you understand ?.
Try not understand this like in the mode that I am a smart and I need to explain you something because you are dump .
Understand this like that I do not know English to write because I am from Bosnia .

no, we just dont understand your grammar

uh , Can you help me? Wrote me witch sentence have no sense .

Wrote me witch sentence have no sense .

case in point.

If you are a trying to search a point into the real world .
There is no one . What I did wrote is all different between of aspects of viewing the world and all of them have no sense for the real world .

thats not what i meant. "case in point" is an idiom. Forget it.

I know what is idiom; but OK .

There are some utterly heartless people on these forums who would much rather show intellectual muscle than any form of compassion. Thanks, the The Dude, for helping to retain our humanity. Even though you didn't capitalise "God".

commented: agreed +2

i personally dont care about the animals.

I care about animals, but not about "petitions", let alone "online petitions".
And I am EXTREMELY wary of anyone saying they're doing something "for the children", "for the animals", "for the environment", etc. etc. especially if they use it as an excuse to limit my freedom or that of others and increase their own power and/or wealth.

Petitions are an easy way of showing that we care. Most of us are either too lazy or too busy to express our concerns in other ways.

I care about animals, but not about "petitions", let alone "online petitions".
And I am EXTREMELY wary of anyone saying they're doing something "for the children", "for the animals", "for the environment", etc. etc. especially if they use it as an excuse to limit my freedom or that of others and increase their own power and/or wealth.

Altruism at work eh JW? Sometimes people may do the right thing for the wrong reason, but does that make it the wrong thing to do or does it remain the right thing to do? Who knows!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.