My hat's off to you. What kind of chocolate are you giving up?

• Chocolate candy bars like Hershey's?
    • Regular or King-Size bars of solid chocolate?
    • Dark Chocolate With Almonds?
    • Kit-Kat?
    • M&M's?
    • Cadbury's?
    • Krackel?
    • Mr. Goodbar?
    • Rolo?
    • Whatchamacallit?
    • York Peppermint Patties?
    • Reece's Peanut Butter Cups?
  • Chocolate ice cream?
  • Hot cocoa?
  • Chocolate cake?
  • Chocolate chip cookies?
  • Chocolate cupcakes?
  • Chocolate silk pie?

Hah.I think I hate you!

All of the above, to be honest. Anything with chocolate in it.
It's kinda experimental. I think I might be mildly allergic to dairy products (I feel congested most of the time). I'm cutting down/quitting on anything with dairy stuff in it, chocolate, milk in tea/coffee, cereal etc to see what effect it might have, or not have I suppose. Decided to use lent as an excuse to start, and will see how effective it was to decide whether or not I'll keep it up.

>> You must have a strong will. :icon_cheesygrin:
Haha. Not particularily. But I'm hard-pressed to change my mind once I make it up. Maybe stubborn would be a better word for it.

>>I think I might be mildly allergic to dairy products
A good replacement is soybean products. I don't know what you can get where you live but we have several milk-replacements such as Silk. You will want to test several brands because some are just plain yukky.

Soy products have a tendency to enlarge your breasts because of estrogen like compounds. Nice for the girls, but not so good for the boys.

I couldn't live without chocolates.

Heh. Not sure if that'd be a good look for me, Zzucker.
I'm pretty much sure that I'm going to ignore my findings, but thanks. Advice appreciated.

>>I think I might be mildly allergic to dairy products
A good replacement is soybean products. I don't know what you can get where you live but we have several milk-replacements such as Silk. You will want to test several brands because some are just plain yukky.

it all depends on how bad the alergy is. My sister has a rather severe case, she has to be extremely careful when buying prepackaged foods as most contain milk components as filler or for other purposes (even stuff you wouldn't expect it from, like marmelade).
She gets sick when she's had something to eat that was cooked in a pan that had previously contained butter and not been cleaned well enough...

wow that is severe

If smokers only kill themselves with their stinky habit that would be great, but they also kill the people around them getting it second hand.

For smoker that have a child nearby, I read that for every four cigarettes they smoke the child gets the equivalent of one.

it all depends on how bad the alergy is. My sister has a rather severe case, she has to be extremely careful when buying prepackaged foods as most contain milk components as filler or for other purposes (even stuff you wouldn't expect it from, like marmelade).
She gets sick when she's had something to eat that was cooked in a pan that had previously contained butter and not been cleaned well enough...

Sad story! Was she a smoker?

If smokers only kill themselves with their stinky habit that would be great, but they also kill the people around them getting it second hand.

For smoker that have a child nearby, I read that for every four cigarettes they smoke the child gets the equivalent of one.

Believe what you want, but I don't believe this is factually supported.

they proved it with dogs

they proved it with dogs

Would you be so kind as to provide me with any link(s), I like to sniff out possible biases in reporting.

Smoking is bad for the people around but I don't believe there's a 1:4 ratio, Meister. Got a reference?

edit: Touché, Dave. Seems we're both cynics.

Would you be so kind as to provide me with any link(s), I like to sniff out possible biases in reporting.

look up smoking tests on beagles in the 1960s, thats where they affirmed the linkx between dogs and snoking. Its in my college anatomy textbook.

Oh, I've seen tons of manipulated data from my earlier thread. That's why I'm asking for specifics.

look up smoking tests on beagles in the 1960s, thats where they affirmed the linkx between dogs and snoking. Its in my college anatomy textbook.

If the textbook is your best evidence, would you mind posting the name and publication year?

Here is one report I found on children of smokers:
http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/secondhandsmoke/factsheets/factsheet2.html

Yeesh. You would make it a tough one.

The SG referencing the CDC referencing metatests referencing old testing with various questionable categorization of 'nonsmokers', and toying with the generally accepted confidence intervals.

This stuff took me a while last time I tried, I think this time I'll just pass and concede the point. Fair?

its "AS biology for OCR" by "glenn and susan toole"
also "Biology 1" by "cambridge university press"

commented: Danke +13
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.