I am presently working as System Admin. But i've not done graduation. I have done MCSE and CCNA training but didn't go for certification.

Now I think graduation is waste of time and I should go for international Certifications. What you guys suggest?

At times i feel im going nowhere, like no future at all of this windows platform and loosing interest in this platform. So just wanted to ask what else i can do to secure my future, more interesting and where i cud use some of my brains.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello,
You need that degree Paper. Complete the degree and embark on the certifications. You will be more marketable

I am presently working as System Admin. But i've not done graduation. I have done MCSE and CCNA training but didn't go for certification.

Now I think graduation is waste of time and I should go for international Certifications. What you guys suggest?

At times i feel im going nowhere, like no future at all of this windows platform and loosing interest in this platform. So just wanted to ask what else i can do to secure my future, more interesting and where i cud use some of my brains.

You may go for CCIE certification.

There are lots of good reasons to get a degree, both personal and professional reasons. Maybe someone out there who is a hiring manager could explain what values they add to a resume. No doubt being certified always help in your career. It really helps you in getting good placements with good salary packages. In my opinion CCNA certifications are good in demand. But, you must have some hands-on experience on networking, tcp/ip, it helps while doing CCNA. You must have some experience in networking field.

Getting a degree says a number of things about you. It says that you are intelligent enough to get a degree, that's important. It says that you have the perseverance to get that degree, and that is also important. Getting a degree may or may not help you directly on the job, but not having a degree could prevent you from being even considered for many jobs. In some professions, even having a graduate degree greatly increases the chances to be considered.

Once employed, certifications, training classes, and things of that sort demonstrate that you continue to have an interest to learn. If possible, work for an employer who offers at least some training, but add to it if they don't give you enough.

In the end, what you put into your education and your job will determine where you can go and what you can do. Showing a determination to learn with the paper to back it up does matter, sometimes a great deal.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.