Hello Friends,
I am in my final semester of IT course. Need to make a project & i have though of Flight Rerservation system and worked out some outlines as well. But now i am badly stuck with some problems.. well the list is quite long:sad: .

But most importantly right now is that as i worked out some tables and future classes, i couldn't figure out how time table can be set for different flight. See its a web based sytem which gives user to book flight for that day till next 1 year. How should i store data regarding flights for a year. lets say in 1 week, flight A flys on mon & wed, flight B on all days and so on. Couldn't really design a table for that.

Plz plz help me some one.

I am using Vb.net with oracle.

Thanks in advace

Ulm

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello Friends,
I am in my final semester of IT course. Need to make a project & i have though of Flight Rerservation system and worked out some outlines as well. But now i am badly stuck with some problems.. well the list is quite long:sad: .

But most importantly right now is that as i worked out some tables and future classes, i couldn't figure out how time table can be set for different flight. See its a web based sytem which gives user to book flight for that day till next 1 year. How should i store data regarding flights for a year. lets say in 1 week, flight A flys on mon & wed, flight B on all days and so on. Couldn't really design a table for that.

It sounds to me like you're jumping in at the wrong end.. If this is a final year project, then you're probably expected to create Problems/Requirements documentation, Context diagrams, DFDs, Entity-relationship models, Data dictionaries, maybe some kind of brainstorm or mind map... etc.

There's a good reason why all this analysis stuff comes first - because it gives you a place to start, and you should end up with a pretty good idea of whats going on in the system, what kind of data you're going to be holding, what sort of entities exist, and what sort of processes you need.

Once you get there, I expect you'll know with far more certainty what tables you'll need, what fields they'll contain, and how to link them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.