Hi guys, this is the first time I've ever joined a forum so please be gentle...:$
I've been working in the oil & gas sector for the last 5 years (Engineering) but I really want to get into IT - I'm no guru but I have intermediate pc skills (if you can call them that) and I'm really interested in Information Systems namely Database Administration.

Can someone/anyone please shed some light as to which steps are essential should that be in the way of courses, degrees or certifications?

Any info would definitely be welcomed and certainly appreciated.

Cheers
Simon

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I recommend courses at technical colleges before heading to a junior college or 4yr university.

Most technical colleges now are offerring associates degrees also. But in their envronment you get much more hands on training. Even if your not interested in taking an entire course for diploma or degree. Their classes are definitely top ranked.

For information and study guides on Certifications.

actualtests.com
cramsession.com

If you would like any more detailed information just let me know.

But since you are looking into databases. It all depends on where you are wanting to work.
There are all kinds of various databases, and different programs to manage them.

Hope this helps.

I recommend courses at technical colleges before heading to a junior college or 4yr university.

Most technical colleges now are offerring associates degrees also. But in their envronment you get much more hands on training. Even if your not interested in taking an entire course for diploma or degree. Their classes are definitely top ranked.

For information and study guides on Certifications.

actualtests.com
cramsession.com

If you would like any more detailed information just let me know.

But since you are looking into databases. It all depends on where you are wanting to work.
There are all kinds of various databases, and different programs to manage them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a bunch Lightninghawk - I'll look into these courses.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.