when i go to burn a dvd it tells me i dont have a dvd burner. i know thats untrue cause i have burnt dvds before. it has me confused

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

This is what it tells me when i look it up in the control panel
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

This is what it tells me when i look it up in the control panel
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

hi, give this a try !

Reasons for this error include a driver that is not present; a binary file that is corrupt; a file I/O problem, or a driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not be loaded.

Have you installed a 'packet driver' lately??

Possible Solution......go to Start /run/ type in ,regedit.and do the following

There are 2 reg keys that can screw the device......remove them both and reboot......

The keys are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} - "Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.