Does anyone know how to remove the keyboard from Lenovo 3000 N200.Im scared of taking the laptop apart because I basically dont know anything about it but my screen stoped working so Im guessing its a problem with the keyboard. So I have to remove the upper strip of the keyboard to check the wire connections.. I really need help!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Does anyone know how to remove the keyboard from Lenovo 3000 N200.Im scared of taking the laptop apart because I basically dont know anything about it but my screen stoped working so Im guessing its a problem with the keyboard. So I have to remove the upper strip of the keyboard to check the wire connections.. I really need help!

i would think if you had a keyboard problem then yes you may need to take of the keyboard and check wire connection ,keyboard has little or nothing to do with screen working ,you may have a back lite or inverter problem ,and i have taking apart a couple of laptops and it aint easy !
i suggest you leave it to someone who knows what they are doing or you could be looking to fix more than a black screen !
you could try hooking laptop to a computer monitor if you have one around the house ,the FN key and f7 or f5 key the one with the 2 monitor symbol's on it !

hardware manual download here .
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-63486.html

Well... The screen is black, hasnt come back for 2 days but the laptop still runs and I tried turning on the caps lock but the green light doesnt turn on. So I thot it might be a problem with the keyboard. Also Ive been told that theres a wire that connects the screen to the keyboard at the upper part of the keyboard and that I have to check the connection.
I know, I really dont wanna take it apart but Im a student so right now I cant afford a tech...I dont know what else to do.
Its not a black light problem the screen is completley black, like I cant see a single thing. Maybe its a inverter problem.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to write a response. Ill post here if my computer ever comes back from the dead:).

i would think if you had a keyboard problem then yes you may need to take of the keyboard and check wire connection ,keyboard has little or nothing to do with screen working ,you may have a back lite or inverter problem ,and i have taking apart a couple of laptops and it aint easy !
i suggest you leave it to someone who knows what they are doing or you could be looking to fix more than a black screen !
you could try hooking laptop to a computer monitor if you have one around the house ,the FN key and f7 or f5 key the one with the 2 monitor symbol's on it !

hardware manual download here .
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-63486.html

Also Ive been told that theres a wire that connects the screen to the keyboard at the upper part of the keyboard and that I have to check the connection.

partly right, it connects to the motherboard, not the keyboard ,but you may be able[usually] to get to it by removing the keyboard.
did you download the manual in the link in my last post ,
to see if it will show how to remove it. maybe go to Lenovo web site and try and contact them for removal instructions diagram

hi,i just downloaded the manual in the link in my other post ,download it and open it its a pdf file ,you will need Adobe reader to open it ,so open it and go to removing and replacing FRU ,scroll down to keyboard ,its starts on page 69 showing how to remove it,you should not have to remove the keyboards ribbon cable from the motherboard just to check the lcd cable

Yeah thanks so much I did that. I didnt even need a screwdriver. I checked the connections, they all seem fine. I played with them a little bit...Closed the strip, turned the computer on but it didnt work....Well Im gonna go to IBM and see how much would it cost to repair it and if its too much ill think of something else....
Thank you for all your help tho!

your welcome ,there is a connection on the laptop for a regular computer monitor to hook to and see if it the LCD not working and the laptop is working , ,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.