I plugged my phone line into my computer to hook up to the internet and my screen turned green and I can't change it back. Help!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

sounds like the phone line is just a coincidence, i think you have a loose connection in the VGA cable so you're only getting one or two colour signals. try another screen/cable you know to be good, or replace the cable if poss.

my pc is compaq presario .why is screen turned green? now is parmanent green. no more colors.
what happened to my computer?

the usual cause for this is when you have a loose connection between the pc and the monitor if it's a desktop change the cable and reseat the video card if you have one. if it's a laptop it's a little more fiddly. and will involve checking the connection this usually involves removing the top plate and keyboard but this will vary from make to make, it may need a new connecting cable.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.