im a 14 years old... and i have a problem on my laptop,,, this is the problem..
few months ago.. my laptop.. just hanged and turned off.. and when i restart it..
it can start but it will hang on startup.. when i live it for a couple of weeks and i try to turn it on again it works but it will restart over and over again..and after that i turned it on again but it does not show the startup .. whats the problem??
how to fix this?? sorry bad english...

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Ignore the 2 post above. Both are definitely spam...

When you say the startup just hang, where does it actually stuck? in the early power up or after Windows flag shows up?

Ignore the 2 post above. Both are definitely spam...

When you say the startup just hang, where does it actually stuck? in the early power up or after Windows flag shows up?

yes in the early power up...

Try to remove the batteries and adapter out and let it discharges by itself for at least 10 hours or force discharge by holding the power button for at least a minutes.

Then try plug in adapters first before plug in batteries so test it whether it would start or not...

still doesn't work.. it will power and it will turn off again.. after 1 secs..

May I know the laptop brand you are using? Most probably yours an Acer if I'm right...

@Flagstar

Hi flagstar, regarding to the spammers post above. Next time you see spammer post just click on the flag bad post button under the spammer name and type a reason. Moderators will go and deal with them.

@ kentcrowncrwon

We need to have more information about your laptop like how old it is? Can be an overheating issue or maybe a virus. Try taking out the batteries and plug in the power cord. See whether it can start up.

@Flagstar

Hi flagstar, regarding to the spammers post above. Next time you see spammer post just click on the flag bad post button under the spammer name and type a reason. Moderators will go and deal with them.

@ kentcrowncrwon

We need to have more information about your laptop like how old it is? Can be an overheating issue or maybe a virus. Try taking out the batteries and plug in the power cord. See whether it can start up.

my laptop is Toshiba Satellite m200 and i think its a virus because when i watch a video..
it lagged and when i restart it.. it will hang at the start up..

strange... you said in your previous post that you can't boot your computer. How come you can watch video?

I don't think it's a virus either way. A virus infection can only occur in Windows, not in bios or bootup but if it do happen to be an infection in bios, my previous solution will reset bios to default.

This solution will do some damage if you aren't careful with this. Remove battery and adapter before doing this. Do it at your own risk. Close the laptop lid and flip over your laptop. There should be a panel cover that can be opened but need to open with a screwdriver. Unscrew those panel and pull out the cover to reveal a 2'5 inch Hard Disk Drive and probably also RAM slot. Carefully remove them (HDD only).

Then try to turn on again your laptop. If there's no avail. Pull out RAM and replace it on another available RAM slot. Then try again...

This is to ensure that your HDD and your RAM is in fine condition.

When was the last time you can log in and use your laptop as per normal? Carry out with fagstar suggestion above.

When was the last time you can log in and use your laptop as per normal? Carry out with fagstar suggestion above.

when i was used it before it happens..

hello, time to use a linux live cd to check the boot up issue,using live linux with ruel out heat issue/hardware issue/windows os issue .
download and create the disk to use ,good luck ;
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

hello, time to use a linux live cd to check the boot up issue,using live linux with ruel out heat issue/hardware issue/windows os issue .
download and create the disk to use ,good luck ;
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

how can i download it ican't boot up on my laptop..

You can download it from another computer and burn the downloaded .iso as CD. Then just insert the cd to the laptop cd/dvd drive and set BIOS to boot from it...

Just wondering. During the start up, did the BIOS shows up? (The one with gibberish text just before Windows logo shows up)

how can i download it ican't boot up on my laptop..

sorry assumed you were using a good working computer to post in the forum .

You can download it from another computer and burn the downloaded .iso as CD. Then just insert the cd to the laptop cd/dvd drive and set BIOS to boot from it...

Just wondering. During the start up, did the BIOS shows up? (The one with gibberish text just before Windows logo shows up)

no.. really i'll just insert the cd and my laptop is okay???

no.. really i'll just insert the cd and my laptop is okay???

NO.it will not be ok ,the purpose of the live lenux is to see if it works on you computer without any problems.what we are trying to help you do is figure out if the laptop has a hardware problem or a software problem .if the live cd works and you can use it for hrs at a time ,then you laptop has a software [windows is software ]therefor a reinstall of windows would be needed to fix your laptops problems

okay im gonna try all you say... but if it doesn't works i really have to put it on the hospital.. i love my laptop but why did he leave me..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.