I am working on a compaq presario 700, when it powers up it runs fantastic. However, once you shut it down it will not start back up. This does not happen all the time, it happens about every other time. It is getting power, but aparently not to the board. No fans run, no battery sniffer, nothing. The only reason I know that it is getting power is because the "on" light is on, on the bottom of the screen. I have checked the voltage at the input for the power supply and it is correct. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am new to this type of website, so if any info is missing or needed please let me know. Also, please let me know if I have done something wrong.

Thanks

I have the same problem !

I can't figure it out for the life of me either, but in the past I have been able to start it up again by doing some wierd combination of unplugging the power and removing the battery for a few seconds, then plugging it all back in and then bam it works... From what I have read and heard from others, this is a huge problem with the 700's and Compaq (HP.. whatever) does not have any help to offer.

I think is the motherboard with power suply problems ! and like my presario 700 only powerup when he rests like 12 hours. hit power and ok runs well ! next time whem o poweroff whait another 12 hours to poerup again!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.