Hi,
I have a Sony PCG-fxa36 Notebook and have been cleaning up unneeded files and other maintenance. Now the Fn key is continuously on, changing some of the letters to numbers or symbols when typed. I can press Fn and get the normal letter, so it is not a stuck key. In searching the forum I have not been able to find a solution. Could it be just pressing a key combination that places it ON, like Num Lock or Caps Lock? There is an indicator light for this function along with the Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator lights. Could it be a software problem? I am running XPH-SP2.

Does anyone have any suggestions for solving this problem with the Fn key.

Apprciate any help!

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Heh, well before I knew how to fix it, I hated that problem. I think the problem has to do with having Scroll Lock on. Try messin with that (Scroll lock for me is Num Lk (on the very top row) + Fn.

Thanks.

Heh, well before I knew how to fix it, I hated that problem. I think the problem has to do with having Scroll Lock on. Try messin with that (Scroll lock for me is Num Lk (on the very top row) + Fn.

Thanks.

Thanks Stein. Just what I needed and solved my problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.