hey can any1 help me.....my pc keeps on restarting whenever i open a game.....its absurd...it works fine otherwise..
i play fifa06 n counter-strike....so just in the course of play...pc restarts...
n then in system config....it says there is no HDD present..so it stops there itself
:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Check the system temperature. Post those values here and we'll go from there

Check the system temperature. Post those values here and we'll go from there

hey i do not know how to know the values.....plz if u cud tell that also...
that'll be a real help :|

Use a software like Everest (www.lavalys.com). Under computer>sensor, post the values you see.

Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type Asus Mozart-2 (SMBus 77h)

Temperatures
Motherboard 25 °C (77 °F)
CPU 32 °C (90 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 3443 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.76 V
+3.3 V 3.38 V
+5 V 5.27 V
+12 V [ TRIAL VERSION ]

do you have an onboard graphics system or a dedicated card?

because thet temperatures look okay

i hv ati gfx card..... n its on board ....

Okay, try running the PC and playing the games, only this time, keep the cabnet open. See if you notice any diff. Also, keep an eye on the fans in the cabinet. Make sure they're spinning rapidly.

can this be related to any software i am using... i restored my pc to an eearlier time when it was all fine.....but my pc hasnt restarted yet.....
but then...if its a software prob..then how can the cpu not read the HDD only at the start...but if its a hardware prob...then y isnt it restarting now....its all too confusing......

It could be a software issue. However, the most common reason for reboots is heating. Especially since you said that the reboots occured only when you play games. It figured. While gaming, all of a PCs components are maxed out and generate a lot of heat. If after playing with the cabinet open, the system doesnt reboot, we know for sure its a heating issue. Let's observe the system for some more time and we'll go from there.

i am really really thankful for your help :-) thank u thank u thank u : )

Not a problem, thats what were here for :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.