I have gone most of the thread from Window to Linux except Macintosh. It seem that there is more thread in Windows compare to Linux. It seem there is more people facing problem in Windows. So I believe Linux must be damn good and stable because nobody complain so far and most of the thread are old as compare to Windows. You can fine new thread in Window almost everyday. But why people still use product that is full of virus, slow and unstable and pay for it instead of free and stable product?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Just wanted to point out that because there are more threads in the Windows forums than Linux doesn't automatically mean it's more stable or in any way better. Actually it just means that more people use Windows and that the people that use Linux are more technical therefore needing less help. And why do people still use Windows? Because we live in a world governed by money, not ideals, you should know that.

Just wanted to point out that because there are more threads in the Windows forums than Linux doesn't automatically mean it's more stable or in any way better. Actually it just means that more people use Windows and that the people that use Linux are more technical therefore needing less help. And why do people still use Windows? Because we live in a world governed by money, not ideals, you should know that.

We don't have stats, so anyone of you can be wrong.
But AFAIK, windows have more problems than Linux.
I have used windows for long time and Linux too and that is my verdict from experience.
(I have used MS 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista and Ubuntu 8.04, 10.04 and Mandriva 2010)

Linux is very good in almost everything.

But the problem comes when you move to the Gaming field (especially 3D gaming).
-Most of the game developers are in bed with Microsoft. They release Linux or Mac versions later, if at all.
-This is my observation: Windows users are more ready to pay for software than Linux users (who just love the Open Source model and the free stuff that comes along with it)! Obviously, game devs will go where the money is!

And many users have kids who want computers only for games. So, Windows wins in such cases.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.