ok now i'm not sure whats goin on with my msn messenger. It was working fine up until I installed SP2. I have read that the firewall messes it up, and that you have to put it on the safe list, so that it can run. So I did that, and it still messes up, so if anybody knows whats goin on with my computer, and can help me please do. Thanks. :mrgreen:

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Member Avatar for

ok now i'm not sure whats goin on with my msn messenger. It was working fine up until I installed SP2. I have read that the firewall messes it up, and that you have to put it on the safe list, so that it can run. So I did that, and it still messes up, so if anybody knows whats goin on with my computer, and can help me please do. Thanks. :mrgreen:

Hey, I too have been having trouble with my MSN messenger after I installed sp2, which took forever... I can't seem to log in now even after disactivating the firewall. I happened to run into your post here why searching for answers, but I found another site earlier that said MSN Messenger was being worked on and would be messed up for a bit. The post was Oct. 11th, 04, so it was fairly recent. I'm not sure how credible the site is (can't remember where, but just google "msn messenger problems" and you'll find its link.) It was an Administrator of the site that gave this response, but I'm still searching for answers myself, it is getting very very frustrating.......

Member Avatar for

well hello sir i have these problems with my msn messenger well it is somethin like this i have my msn messenger 6.2 the thing is that it does noot let me connect or you could say sign the probleem is i want it to sign in but its not lettin me so i expect u can reply to me and help me in this siituation everything in my pc works but this program,i exept you to repllly as soon as possible.

sincerely,tahir habib

I still havn't fixed mine and it's been awhile since its been messed up. I don't know what is wrong wiht it I just gave up.

Try posting your problems in the Windows XP forum or Windows Software forum, maybe someone will be able to help.

hay peoples.....

my msn messenger got wiped off my pc so i downloaded it again... and now it wont let me sign in...this is what it says: Sorry we were unable to sign you in to the MSN Messenger at this time. Please try again later. 80072efd

it has been doing this for three days....someone help please.... :sad:

Btw, Server crash, well done for 1000 posts!

sumbody please help me

i cannot log into my hotmail account i have tried 4 different pcs and get the same problem all the time

cannot find server.......... although i can log into a different account on the same machines

all the other messenger features work but cannot gain access to email

what should i doo... desperate need of help !!!!! :o

okay, now this is kinda wierd. i have no virus's or spyware in my computer, but when i use MSN or AIM i can send messages for about 2 minutes, but can recieve any. then it kicks me off. anyone have any solutions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.