somebody can help me?
how to change the drive letter and paths of the boot volume.

Example :
i have 1 Volume HardDisk = C: NTFS (320GB) Used Space 100GB and Free Space 220GB,
i want to make 2 Volume = C: NTFS (160GB) Used Space 100GB and D: NTFS(160GB) 160GB but don't used space (Clean), but my Volume C: is Boot Volume/System Volume.

Question :
how to i change my 1 volume harddisk (C:) change and make to 2 volume harddisk (C: and :D)?

*sorry if my english bad*

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

if your C: drive is partitioned to the entire 3210GB disk then you will need a third party tool such as partition magic.

If you have the xp disc you can install the os again after you have saved all your work and install xp with 2 partitions the sizes you would like.
This is a bit of a long way around but it will do the trick

If you have the xp disc you can install the os again after you have saved all your work and install xp with 2 partitions the sizes you would like.
This is a bit of a long way around but it will do the trick

you could do it that way but a third party tool would be better because you can repartition the drive without loosing any data and its faster than repartitioning the drive and reinstalling windows with the install disk

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.