Hi Sir,
I am unable to complete windows XP professional setup. I have formatted D, E, F drives after entering into the system. After that I kept a bootable CD and I formatted C drive during setup. After setup has completed copying setup files system is restarting and displaying the error as " WINDOWS COULD NOT START BECAUSE OF AN ERROR IN THE SOFTWARE.PLEASE REPORT THIS PROBLEM AS:LOAD NEEDED DLLs FOR KERNEL.PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SUPPORT PERSON TO REPORT THIS PROBLEM”. On seeing this I pressed enter and the system got restarted and displayed the following error as" A DISK READ ERROR OCCURRED.PRESS CTRL+ALT+DELETE TO RESTART".I hope u people can solve my problem.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

This issue may occur if the Hal.dll and Ntoskrnl.exe files are mismatched.

To resolve this issue, start your computer from the Windows CD, and then perform an in-place upgrade of Windows. For additional information about how to do so, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341/

This issue may occur if the Hal.dll and Ntoskrnl.exe files are mismatched.

To resolve this issue, start your computer from the Windows CD, and then perform an in-place upgrade of Windows. For additional information about how to do so, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341/

Sir
I don't have internet connection.So please specify the alternative for me for this problem .

make sure you have enough free space for the windows files,if not, you may have to format out your old window.then install.

if you mean a windows cd as the boot cd , make sure its not dirty ,and causing the disk read error .
boot to it again and delete c:\ partition,created new partition and format it ,and try the windows install again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.