Hi...new here just looking for some help. Im sure the answer is simple...but i cant figure it out.

In a nutshell, when I go to open Internet Explorer on my main computer it shows this page:
"Index of / and then Parent Directory 22-Sep-2004 "
this page comes up when i try to load the main page of a website, eg, www.yahoo.com
when i try to load a page within a website, it shows:
" This Page Cannot Be Found", eg. www.website.com/page.html
Now, I was having no issues before and I havent loaded any out of the ordinary software recently. I've since ran both webroots spybot and lavasoft's adware. Also, I've ran a thorough anti virus scan that didnt come up with anything.
I have a solid internet connection as seen by my ability to use this laptop off of the same network. This is boggling to me and I have no answer. Has anyone else at all seen this?? Any help even if its not the exact answer would be appreciated. I cant find anything at Microsoft.com...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi...new here just looking for some help. Im sure the answer is simple...but i cant figure it out.

In a nutshell, when I go to open Internet Explorer on my main computer it shows this page:
"Index of / and then Parent Directory 22-Sep-2004 "
this page comes up when i try to load the main page of a website, eg, www.yahoo.com
when i try to load a page within a website, it shows:
" This Page Cannot Be Found", eg. www.website.com/page.html
Now, I was having no issues before and I havent loaded any out of the ordinary software recently. I've since ran both webroots spybot and lavasoft's adware. Also, I've ran a thorough anti virus scan that didnt come up with anything.
I have a solid internet connection as seen by my ability to use this laptop off of the same network. This is boggling to me and I have no answer. Has anyone else at all seen this?? Any help even if its not the exact answer would be appreciated. I cant find anything at Microsoft.com...

Hey I am having the exact same problem did you ever find out how to fix it? Post back when you get the chance..cya

Tee,
That was a little while ago. I kinda remember that issue, but I kinda dont and unfortunately I have no clue how it was solved. Knowing me I probably just backed everything up and reformated. Im sorry I couldnt be of help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.