When i start my computer, all i get is a blank black screen. If i open task manager i can see that explorer.exe is running but under CPU it shows 0. I have to end explorer.exe and restart it from "run" each time to get my computer to work. How do i avoid this ?

This has happened a couple of times before, system restore always solved it. This time it didnt. Please help....:(

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

have you tried to scan your system for any virus or malware?

try to download malware bytes... www.malwarebytes.org

yea i did.....there aren't any viruses...

looks like system is infested by virus... OR windows registry is corrupted. Try once in safe mode.

i tink its sumtin to do with the system registry. either way i just installed kaspersky like 5 minutes ago and uninstalled it...my problem was solved !! is it possible that it fixed the registry during installation ??

i don't think it fixed your registry...it might be a virus on your system..
but why did you uninstall it help you to fixed your system...

i uninstalled it because my laptop froze each time it started...i installed nod32 instead..now its all fine..if it was a virus, how come its working now ?

Try this fix:

1. click start> type regedit.

2. Navigate to the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogo n

3. The little key 8th one from the bottom should be "Shell"

4. Double click it and in the value date it should say Explorer.exe if it doesn't then type that in there.

5. Hit Ok and restarted your machine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.