Hi all -

I am trying to re-build my Exchange 2000 server. I have installed Windows 2000 and am trying to install Active directory so that I can install the Exchange software. When I try to install Active Directory, a window comes up with an error message saying "Access is denied" right after it creates the sysvol directory.
Would settings on a firewall have anything to do with this? Please help....my company has been without e-mail for a week now and I desperately need to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Addendum: I am unable to make the server part of a domain. (It is the first and only server that will be on this domain). When I attempt to join the server to the domain, it tells me that the domain cannot be found. I am able to ping the domain name from other computers successfully, although I am unable to ping the domain from the Exchange server where I am attempting to install Active Directory.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.